We’re all in this together, stay safe.
Triple Berry Mini Pavlovas
3 eggs, room temperature
150g castor sugar
Pinch cream of tartar
1 teaspoon of vinegar
Hanks Triple Berry Jam
600ml thickened cream
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Punnet of strawberries, sliced
Punnet of Raspberries
Mint to garnish
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 min + cooling time
1. Preheat an oven to 120C (fan forced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Using a lid off a jar or an egg ring draw 8cm circles on the paper to pipe the meringue mixture onto later.
2. Separate the egg whites from the yolk. Be careful not to get any yolk in the white as it will inhibit the whites whisking up properly. Place the egg whites into a clean bowl of an electric mixer.
3. On a medium speed beat until the white become slightly frothy. Slowly add in the castor sugar making sure to scrape the edges so all the sugar dissolves properly. Add in the salt, cream of tartar and vinegar. Turn the speed up to high and beat the whites for 5-6 minutes or until thick and glossy.
4. Scoop the meringue mixture into a piping bag with a medium round tip. Alternatively you can make a piping bag out of a zip lock bag and snip one corner of the bag off. Pipe around the circles drawn onto the baking paper and fill in the center. Gently smooth the top with an offset spatula. Repeat until all the mixture is used up. You should make around 18-20 small meringues.
5. Place the tray onto the lowest shelf in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the meringue starts to form a slight crust on the edges. Turn the oven off and leave the meringues to cool completely before removing. Store the meringues in an airtight container if not using straight away. They should keep for up to 3 days this way.
6. In the bowl of an electric mixer place the thickened cream and vanilla extract. Beat the cream until soft peaks form. Place 1/3 cup of Hanks Triple Berry Jam into the cream and lightly fold through until a marble effect has been created.
7. To assemble place one of the cooled meringues onto a serving plate. Place 1-2 tablespoons of the marbled cream on top of the meringue. Repeat with a second layer. Add the last meringue on top and add some more marbled cream. Garnish the top with sliced strawberries and raspberries and a sprig of mint. Serve immediately.